About EIB Grenelle School
EIB Grenelle private bilingual school will combine the best of the French National Curriculum, enriched with an emphasis on teamwork and ‘learning through doing’ that represents the best of Anglo Saxon teaching methods.
Our primary objectives:
- To provide our students with a caring environment where children are happy to come learn and grow
- To bring our students up to a high academic level
- To develop responsible, tolerant citizens who are able to communicate and adapt to the world of tomorrow
In addition, the international bilingual school of EIB Grenelle follows a STEAM methodology, which integrates the best of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics and encourages a hands-on approach to learning in the classroom or in our FabLab.
STREAM pedagogy aims to:
- Give meaning to the knowledge acquired in class as part of our science and technology lessons
- Reinvest the concepts studied around unifying interdisciplinary projects
- To raise interest in coding and robotics
Pupils will have classes from 9am to 12pm and from 1.45pm to 4.30pm, and from 9am to 12pm on Wednesdays. The school doors will be open from 8.30am until 6pm. Extra-curricular activities will be organised during the lunch break and after school from 16.45 to 17.45. On Wednesday afternoons, activities will be open to students whether they attend EIB Grenelle or not.
THE SINGAPORE METHOD:
A simple and progressive method that has proven effective since the 1990s, given that the students who use it are the best in the world in mathematics, in all international rankings.
It proposes a learning process for students for each mathematical concept, following 3 steps :
- Concrete (through manipulation)
- Pictorial (by schematization)
The progression is cyclical because each concept is also worked on within the other concepts.