APE, our parent-teacher association, works in close collaboration with the school management team and our teachers, for the wellbeing and development of the children at the school.
The association is the link between the school and parents. It organises events and sales to raise money for the school and for charitable projects such as sending books and school materials to Cambodia and Burkina Faso. The APE also supports the schools ecological goals, creating a vegetable garden at the school and providing materials for waste sorting and recycling.
Throughout the year there are fun family-friendly events such as :
- October: Halloween fun and games costume party in the playground
- November: Reading week - organising activities to encourage a love of reading
- The Christmas party, selling chocolates and decorating the Christmas tree
- Creating an annual Year Book
- Love in a Box - a charity project to hand out gifts to underprivileged children at Christmas
- A Strasbourg-style Christmas market in the playground, where parents can see Christmas ornaments made by the children
- February: Carnival parade, where the Nursery School children parade around the courtyard in their costumes for parents and the other students
- April/May:International Festival celebrating different cultures
- June: End of year party